Indigo Vineyard Pty Ltd (Indigo) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as well as other laws and codes.
We value the opportunity to interact with you and we are committed to respecting and protecting the personal information that you provide to us.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is defined in the Act to mean any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We collect personal information so that we can provide our products and services to our customers. For example, we collect personal information so that we can:
- identify and communicate with our customers;
- tell our customers about our products, special offers, promotions and special events;
- process orders and purchases;
- deliver orders to our customers;
- respond to customer enquiries; and
- improve our services through feedback from our customers.
If we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
If at any time you do not wish to receive information from us about our products, special offers, promotions and special events, please let us know by contacting us on the details provided below.
The type of personal information that we collect is generally limited to the information that you provide to us directly. This may vary depending on how you choose to interact with us, however the type of information we collect generally includes:
- contact details such as your name, date of birth, address, the name of the company where you work, email address and telephone number;
- details about your orders and purchases;
- billing and payment information;
- credit card and other transaction details;
- your feedback about our products and services; and
- information about your participation in any promotions or special events.
Indigo may on occasions collect sensitive information about its customers.Sensitive information has a particular meaning under the Act and includes health information. However, we only ever collect such information with your consent and/or as authorised by law.
We collect personal information in a number of ways. Again this may vary depending on how you choose to interact with us. For example, we may collect personal information from or through:
- you when you visit us at our cellar door;
- you when you purchase wine from us;
- your participation in one of our club memberships such as the Friends of Indigo or Wine Plan;
- your participation in our promotions and special events; and
- your use of our social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Indigo will only use your personal information as permitted by law. This means that we will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as those referred to above) or for a purpose related, or in the case of sensitive information directly related, to that purpose.
Indigo is committed to maintaining the safety and security of your personal information. Your personal information will be stored in a secure manner through password protection and restricted access.
We may disclose your personal information to other entities as permitted by law and as necessary to provide you with the products and services that you have requested. These entities include our agents and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf (such as external mail houses or couriers for the purpose of fulfilling your orders).
Indigo may disclose your personal information (such as your name and contact details) to overseas recipients (for example couriers) where you request shipment to an overseas address. It is not practicable to list the countries in which such recipients are located.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may access the personal information that we hold about you or request that this information be updated or corrected. If you would like to make such a request, please contact us on the details provided below. Once we receive your request, we will respond to you within 30 days. Should you wish for your personal information that we hold to be destroyed, please let us know.
You will not be charged any fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, depending on the nature of the request, a fee may apply to providing you with access to your personal information. Such a fee covers the cost to us in collating, copying and providing certain information to you.
There are certain circumstances in which we may be unable to provide you with access to your personal information. These circumstances include where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- providing access would be unlawful; and
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If your request for access to your personal information is refused, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
If you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, or would like more information about how Indigo manages your personal information, you can contact us at:
Indigo Vineyard Pty Ltd
1221 Beechworth Wangaratta Rd, Everton Upper VIC 3678
P 03 5727 0233
F 03 5727 0580
Making a complaint
Beer and Wine producers Licence Victoria 36057330
It is an offence to sell or supply to or obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years